Gun safes and safes for the nightstand and bedside are fantastic! This is primarily because the safes tend to remain in the same place, unlike typical gun safes, often changed. Because of this, you may have a handgun safe made of sturdier steel while preserving the slim profile that pistol safes need.
These safes provide fast and dependable access to a weapon at night, which is designed to be fastened to a bedside table. A lot more details regarding my criteria for a nightstand safe can be found further down this page, but I’ve done my best to ensure that each safe on this list provides value in addition to being simple to connect to.
Additionally, I’ve included a few more unusual bedside safes, such as a gun safe disguised as a nightstand. There is nothing more to do except go through the list and discover which one best suits your needs!
1. Vaultek VT10i
- SLIM DESIGN can securely hold 1 handgun, magazine(s), passport, cash, and is easily mountable or tether to a nightstand, desk, or vehicles using the included hardware. Easily portable to travel in your car, the office, or backpacks and luggage. EXTERIOR DIMENSIONS: 10.5" x 8.5" x 2.125". INTERIOR DIMENSIONS: 9.875" x 5.375" x 1.5".
- LIGHTWEIGHT 18-gauge carbon steel construction features a durable powdercoat finish to prevent corrosion and ensure long lasting protection. ADVANCED ANTI-THEFT PROTECTION includes anti-pry bars, interior bolstered hinges, and Dual anti-impact latches keeps the safe securely locked under impact and a RUGGED UNIBODY DESIGN for strength and durability.
- QUICK ACCESS to your valuables and documents from the auto open lid. Get in quick when it matters most using the high resolution BIOMETRIC SCANNER capable of storing 20 unique fingerprints, the gaming inspired action of the auto-illuminating keypad with built-in proximity sensor, your smartphone, or included manual keys. Not compatible with Nano Key.
- SMART SAFE TECHNOLOGY with a highly interactive experience from your smartphone to manage and open the safe. You can easily toggle Bluetooth on/off using the available hotkeys if desired and still maintain all other safe functions. A RECHARGEABLE LITHIUM-ION battery provides on the go power for up to 4-6 months, and charges in 2.5 hours with the included micro-USB charging kit.
- RESPONSIVE LED LIGHTING in low light situations so you can locate your safe with the backlit keypad and easily view your safe contents with the interior LED light.
There are a lot of best-of lists that include this safe. This list is no exception to the rule I’ve established for myself. In addition to phone and fingerprint (biometric) access, the VT10i also enables key and keypad entry.
This is backed up with great looks and solid construction, which add to the overall appeal. Many of my favorite Vaultek goods can be found on this list since they specialize in this product and create a lot of them.
- 2.125″ high, 10.5″ long, and 8.5″ wide on the outside; 1.5″ high, 9.875″ long, and 5.375″ wide on the inside
- There are several ways to get in.
- Smaller profile, high quality
- Accessible in a few seconds
- Lids open in a flash.
- Alerts for tampering are sent.
- Thinner steel
2. Gunbox 2.0
- Our portable safe is compact and features three different ways to open; it holds 20 RFID's, 10 fingerprints, and 1 keycode.
- This durable lock box is large enough for most full-size firearms; use it in your home, office, vehicle, or while traveling.
- This gun case includes a biometric fingerprint scanner, hydraulic opening, pre-drilled mounting holes, internal LED light, and USB charging ports.
- The handgun safe was created with an Audible Motion Alarm that will sound if tampered with or moved; tether cable connects to heavier fixed objects.
- Our Guardian gun safe weighs 7.2 lbs. and made of 4 mm die cast aluminum; exterior measures 11.6" x 10" x 2.7" and interior is 8.75" x 7.5" x 1.75".
While Vaultek VT10i may not meet your needs, the Gunbox 2.0 is a great option if you’re still searching for high-tech entry access. There is an RFID entry option in this safe, as well as the other options available.
In other words, you may unlock it using accessories like a credit card key or a bracelet that can be upgraded. While steel is used for its structural integrity, it is made of aluminum rather than the other way around. Having used this safe for some time, I can say that it’s a fantastic product!
- Internal Dimensions: 8.75″ Deep by 7.5″ Wide by 1.75″ High External Dimensions: 10″ Deep by 11.6″ Wide by 2.7″ High
- There are several methods to get in touch with us.
- Uncertainty abounds in the area
- High-priced aluminum construction
3. Vaultek Slider
It’s time for the next Vaultek-branded product! But this Vaultek Slider is nothing like anything we’ve previously spoken about in any way, shape, or form!
If you need a bedside table or nightstand, the Slider is designed to be bolted into place on the side of a desk or bookshelf. You don’t have to place the rifle on its side but rather hold it upright until you can pull out a drawer.
The Slider still has all of the great access choices and quality you would expect from the brand. As a nightstand safe, this is an excellent choice for those seeking something more discrete.
- 2.6″ long, 9.1″ wide, and 11.25″ high
- To put it simply, the inside dimensions are 2 inches long by 5 inches wide and 8.875 inches high.
- you can go in and out quickly.
- There are several methods to get in touch with us.
- Safes that are tucked away from view
- Tamper warnings
- Only one firearm will fit.
- On a flat surface, it cannot be used.
4. Fort Knox Original PB1
- Dimensions: 4-1/4"h (5-1/4"h with buttons and knob) x 12-1/2"w x 10-3/8"d
- 10 gauge steel uni-body construction with a massive 3/16" tamper-resistant wraparound door
- Gas-strut-assisted heavyweight door
- Fast opening pushbutton Simplex mechanical locking device
- Made in USA with a Lifetime Warranty
However, Fort Knox is known for its high-end full-size gun safes and several excellent pistol safes. Unless you intend on relocating your safe, Fort Knox’s Original PB1 is a great option for those searching for a bedside safe.
In terms of handgun safes, this one weighs 23 pounds, which is a lot for a safe. This is made possible because of 10 gauge steel, which is the thickest on this list!
The Simplex lock, which is one of my favorite locks, is also included. With an electronic lock and a mechanical lock, you have both instant access and long-term security.
- External Dimensions: 12.5′′ wide by 4.5′′ high by 10.5 deep Internal Dimensions: 11 5/8′′ wide by 3 5/8′′ high by 10 1/4′′ deep Weight: 23 pounds External Dimensions: 12.5′′ wide by 4.5′′ high by 10.5 deep
- Strong steel construction with a simplex mechanical lock for large capacity.
- A lot of weight
5. Amsec PS1208EZ
- Body and door constructed of 14-gauge solid steel plate
- Heavy-duty chrome handle.
- Strong, pry-resistant chrome locking bolt and dead bars on the door.
- Welded and concealed continuous hinge.
- Reliable fast access Simplex push button mechanical locking device.
The Amsec PS1208EZ is an excellent alternative to the Fort Knox PB1 in terms of weight. The simplex locking mechanism is retained; however, 14 gauge steel instead of 10 gauge is used, making it significantly lighter and more portable if you want to use it for more than one purpose.
This also comes with a carry handle if you need it!
- 8.125″ deep by 12.5″ wide by 4″ high on the outside, 7″ deep by 11 3/4″ wide by 3 inches within. The heaviest weight:
- less weight
- A simplex lock.
- A well-executed project
6. Shotlock Solo-Vault 200M
- 14 gauge steel construction
- Mounts horizontally or vertically
- All mechanical, no batteries or wires
- Kindly refer user manual for instructions and troubleshooting steps.
You can protect your firearm in an entirely new way with this innovative safe! It is possible to keep bigger firearms secure by covering up the rifle’s trigger with the safe, which is tiny enough to fit in a backpack.
In contrast to a Simplex lock, the safe uses a form of lock quite similar to a Simplex, making it very simple to use. For additional security, there’s also a backup key lock.
- The external dimensions are 6.13 inches high by 2.38 inches deep by 7.5 inches wide, and the weight is 5.24 pounds.
- Accessible in a Second’s Time
- Unique design allows for the safe handling of bigger weapons.
- Firearms are on display.
7. Rhino LNS2618
- EXTERNAL DIMENSIONS: 25.5"H x 20"W x 18"D. 150lbs.
- INTERNAL SAFE DIMENSIONS: 15.4"H x 15.5"W x 7.5"D. DRAWER DIMENSIONS: 5”H x 13”W x 13”D.
- EXTERNAL ELECTRICAL / USB OUTLET on the back. Easy Glide Heavy Duty Drawer with Full Extension. Ball Bearing Glides. Fully Assembled.
- FIRE RATED FOR 40 MINUTES AT 1400 DEGREES. U.L. Listed Electronic Lock. 1.05 cu ft. Interior Capacity . 14 Gauge Steel Construction. Thick Composite Door. Anti-Punch and Anti-Drill Boltworks.
- 1" Diameter Doorbolts (4 Doorbolts Total). Adjustable Shelf. Handgun Holder on Doorback. Fully Upholstered Interior. External Hinges Allow 180° Door Opening for Better Access. Full Coverage Fire Lining in Door Frame, Unlike Internal Hinge Designs. CA DOJ Certified.
There are bedside safes attached to a nightstand, and I’m aware of this fact. What would happen if your nightstand was safe?
Get your hands on the Rhino Metals LNS2618. In addition to being a location to put your light, this nightstand contains an inbuilt safe where you may store your guns and other valuables.
All of the features you’d expect from a full-size safe, such as 14 gauge steel and a high-quality locking mechanism, are included in this safe (SecuRAM).
It would also be the heaviest and most hardest safe to remove from your house at 150 pounds. This safe is featured in the list of the best home safes!
- 26″ high, 20 wide, and 18 deep (external); 15.4″ high, 15.5 inches wide, and 7.5 inches deep (internal); weight: 150 lbs.
- a lot of force
- Safe and a safe diversion
- Components of high grade
- Doesn’t fit in with the rest of the decor
8. Vaultek MX Series
- NEW! Large interior can store up to (8) handguns. TOUGH AND RUGGED 16-GAUGE carbon steel construction and 12-GAUGE front door features a durable powdercoat finish to prevent corrosion and ensure long lasting protection.
- ADVANCED ANTI-THEFT PROTECTION featured on all Vaultek safes includes anti-pry bars, Dual anti-impact latches, and IMPACT DETECTION exclusive to PRO SERIES for the ultimate prevention against break-ins.
- 5-POINT ENTRY with the SMART KEY, upgraded SMART ALIGN biometric scanner, rapid fire backlit keypad, Bluetooth app, and manual keys. INSTANT ACCESS to your valuables, documents, and firearm(s) with the automatic opening front door and pull out adjustable shelf.
- SMART SAFE TECHNOLOGY uses the with Vaultek Wi-Fi connectivity you can view live safe data and even receive smart alerts for critical safe activity. LCD SCREEN provides quick visual feedback for all safe activity and RECHARGEABLE LITHIUM-ION battery provides power for 2 months, and charges in 2.5 hours with the included micro-USB charging kit.
- MODULAR INTERIOR features a pull out height adjustable shelf and includes (1) non-absorbent foam twin pistol rack. Customize your space and order additional accessories to store more handguns and magazines. RESPONSIVE LED LIGHTING for full view of your safe contents with the adjustable brightness interior LED lights.
This is the greatest option for those who enjoyed the Vaultek VT10i but were looking for a larger model. The size of this thing is impressive, yet it’s not overwhelming.
Multiple weapons, as well as other equipment, maybe crammed inside the case. For those who want more than simply a handgun safe, this is an excellent option.
Other capabilities include tamper alarms sent straight to your phone via text message and different device access methods.
- In terms of size, it is 15 inches long by 11.6 inches wide and 11.6 inches high on the outside. 32 lbs. is the maximum weight.
- It can accommodate a variety of handguns.
- Other goods may be stored in the same space.
- High-quality and cleverly safe
- It’s heavy and has a large footprint.
9. Sentry Safe QAP1BE
- Biometric gun safe provides secure storage for 2 standard handguns, or 1 large pistol and ammunition; Gun safe, safe features a fingerprint scanner for advanced protection
- Gun safe is equipped with a gas strut to instantly and quietly open the safe door for single-handed access to your handguns; Ideal for use as a bedside gun safe
- Gun safe is constructed with solid steel and a pry resistant door for strength and handgun security; Digital keypad and override key for back up entry; California DOJ certified gun safe
- Exterior: 16.4 inch W x 9.8 inch D. x 3.2 inch H; Interior 14 inch W x 6.5 inch D x 2.2 inch H; Weighs 16 pounds; 4 AA batteries required (not included)
- For optimal performance, SentrySafe recommends the use of four high-quality, name branded and alkaline AA batteries with an expiration date of 8-10 years from the current year. Generic and rechargeable batteries often do not have the lifespan needed to support long term usage
I’ll be honest and say that I haven’t had a lot of experience with this safe, but it seems to be one of the most popular safes on the market today! As a result, a wide range of individuals may afford it and keep themselves secure.
As a result of its combination of fingerprint, keypad, and key lock access, it is a complete solution! A higher capacity variant is also readily available, allowing you to carry two handguns instead of just one.
It also provides you with interior illumination when you need it, without having to switch on your room’s lights.
- It is 3.2 inches high by 12.1 inches wide by 9.9 inches deep and weighs a total of 11.9 pounds.
- Lots of ways to get around
- Customer feedback is excellent.
- A choice of two sizes
10. Snapsafe Underbed Safe L
- SnapSafe Under Bed Safe – Store valuable belongings out of sight while retaining easy access. Open the large hidden safe using the digital lock (3 to 8 digit access code) or backup key
- Space-Saving – The wide slide-out drawer accommodates shotguns, rifles (and other firearms) as well as other valuables including jewelry, laptops, tablets, documents, and expensive photography equipment
- At Home or on the Road – Not just an under the bed safe, it also works as a trunk safe. Comfortably fits in the trunk of many small SUVs - ideal for valuable outdoor gear or hobby equipment. Please check measurements before purchase
- Sizing and Specifications – Large size underbed safe. Measures 40 (W) x 6 (H) x 22(D) inches. Weighs 105 lbs. Constructed of 14-gauge heavy-duty steel. Pry resistant door design to stop unauthorized access
- Easy, No Tool Install – Features pre-drilled holes for permanent installation. Includes commercial-grade 5 foot cable to provide added security when anchored to a stationary object. Ideal for renters or for in-vehicle use
To keep your valuables secure, the Snapsafe Underbed Safes are a great solution. Instead of resting on top of your nightstand, they are attached to the floor under your bed. All you have to do is lower yourself down and go to your safety whenever you need it.
In addition to keeping heavier weaponry close at hand at night, the safe’s size also makes it possible to store more than just firearms within. This can be a good alternative for those who don’t want or can’t afford a full-size safe.
- It is 40 inches wide by 6 inches high by 22 inches deep and weighs 105 pounds.
- Larger guns may be accommodated.
- Under-bed safe is a great alternative to a huge safe
- Insufficient space for a nightstand
- Other alternatives aren’t nearly as fast to obtain.
11. SecureIt Fast Box 47
- FAST ACCESS-Provides both secure storage and fast access with electronic keypad. It also includes a backup key override.
- DISCRETE DESIGN- Efficient design offers ample room for additional handgun, pistol and ammo storage. Bolt together locker style, stack on top of one another, or spread multiple throughout your home(under bed/in closet).
- SCOPE INTACT- Height: 6.5" Width: 47" Depth: 13" allows storage with scope and magazine attached to the rifle. The Fast Box is Ultralight weight at only 47 lbs.
- HEAVY DUTY- Made durable from all-welded steel with a louvered back panel for vertical applications. Includes a Neoprene pad cushion for horizontal applications. Purchase a Vertical Kit which provides vertical storage for 2 rifles.
- DECENTRALIZE- Gain a tactical advantage over home intruders. You can securely store defensive handguns around your home for fast access in the event of an emergency situation.
One of the greatest and most innovative products on the market right now is from the makers of the SecureIt brand: They do an excellent job of integrating security with usability.
You may utilize the Fast box 47 in various ways, such as by bolting it to the underneath of your bed or arranging it between your bedside table and your bed.
Electronic keypads are simple to operate, and the safe’s vertical option can store two rifles or shotguns in the vertical position. You can fit a gun and other stuff on the floor if you utilize it horizontally.
It measures 6 3/4′′ high by 47 1/4′′ wide by 13′′ deep on the outside, and 6 1/4′′ high by 47′′ wide by 11 3/4′′ deep on the inside, making it 39 pounds.
- Able to suit firearms.
- The technology of the Cradle Grid Easy accessibility
- Useful in a variety of ways.
- Not suitable for a nightstand.
What Do YouNeed in a Nightstand Safe?
Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns. When I’m searching for the finest safes on the market, these are some criteria I keep in mind.
You’ll have to figure out what characteristics are most essential to you and then study my list to see if any of them match your scenario.
Quick Access and Easy to Open
The most crucial feature of a bedside safe is the ease with which it can be opened. Your safe should have an easy-to-use lock that can be used both in the dark and under a time crunch.
Many safes, such as those with a real mechanical lock, need patience and accuracy. Both of which don’t lend well to what you need in a time of need.
When purchasing a safe, ensure sure it can be opened at any moment. In the event of an emergency, you’ll be glad that you have a handgun next to your bed. What’s the use of having a safe if it can’t meet that standard?
As a general rule, a handgun safe with a smaller profile than most other safes is preferable most of the time. Think about how much space it will take up on your nightstand.
With the use of under-bed safes and nightstand-mounted locks, it is possible to get past this issue.
A bedside safe is one of the best things since it doesn’t need to be portable. A nightstand or even the floor is usually the best place to keep one since you’ll be unable to bring it with you when you leave the house.
As a result, you can use thick steel than the safe you plan to bring along with you! In this post, we discovered that safes like the Fort Knox PB1 are ideal for this purpose.
Ability to be Mounted and Bolted Down
A bedside safe must be fastened down to the nightstand it is attached to keep its contents secure. If your safe isn’t fastened or at the very least attached to your nightstand, anybody — criminals or children — may simply take it away.
Nice Things to Have on a Nightstand
Isn’t it great to have certain things that aren’t absolutely necessary?
There aren’t many safes out there with this functionality, but those on this list do! In addition to unpleasant beeps, Tamper Alerts may be notifications delivered to your phone while you’re gone from home.
If you want your safe to be a restricted access box, you may consider a remote access option. Basically, it implies that you can open the safe for someone else even if you aren’t physically there next to the safe.
Even though this characteristic is contested in the business, there aren’t many situations in which it can be beneficial, but many may be detrimental.
Why a Nightstand Gun Safe May Not be Right for You?
Not everyone needs a nightstand, bedside lockbox! If you’re looking for a safe that can hold many things, one of them definitely isn’t right for you. In most cases, a full-size gun safe is the best option.
To summarize, these are just some of the factors to consider when purchasing a nightstand safe and which one would work best for you! Let me know if you have any questions, and I will do my best to answer them.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Last update on 2022-01-08