When writing this Douglas tires review, I was dubious. Few people knew about Douglas tires, and what little there was concerning their performance and long-term durability was met with skepticism.
I conducted a huge amount of research on the company to be able to write an unbiased evaluation. Unfortunately, I came up empty-handed. Many questions remained unanswered, necessitating more explanation. My recommendation is to approach this assessment with an inquisitive attitude and an open pocketbook since the best thing about Douglas tires is their rock-bottom pricing.
There are more costly kinds of tires available, but Douglas tires are an affordable alternative. A good pair of tires will cost you between $300 and $500. This isn’t the case with Douglas tires. You can buy a long Mocha Frappuccino with the change you save by replacing all four tires on your car for about $200.
Douglas Tires – The Brand
Walmart is the exclusive provider of Douglas tires. As a result, the only place to get Douglas tires is at a Walmart. Senior Manager of Walmart Public Relations and Brand Reputation Douglas wheels is a trademarked brand of Walmart made by a prominent tire manufacturer.
Further investigation revealed that on August 14, 1992, the Firestone Tire and Rubber Companies filed a US Government Trademark Registration for the Douglas trademark.
The story seems to be thickening. Does this imply that Walmart and Goodyear collaborated on the development of Douglas tires? Oddly enough, notwithstanding these facts, Walmart refuses to confirm whether Goodyear produces Douglas brand tires.
So much for the formalities of doing business. Douglas tires are a cheap tire aimed at the hearts (and budgets) of automobile owners throughout the United States, so it’s critical to know whether they’re worth the risk right now.
Why Choose Douglas Tires?
They are sold at Walmart stores everywhere.
You may also buy from Walmart’s online store as an extra perk. Since there are around 4,000 people in the area, I see this as a benefit: Walmart Supercenters and bargain-hunting establishments all around the country. You can be sure quality Douglas tires are close by.
The pocket-friendly price
Economical option on the market now is Douglas tires. They have comparable pricing to other low-cost manufacturers such as Laufenn tires and Ironman tires.
The 45k-mile treadwear guarantee that comes included on Douglas tires makes them an excellent value. However, there’s a catch. To make a warranty claim, the tires must be installed at a Walmart location. A warranty claim may be difficult to make if you purchased the wheels from Costco and had them installed somewhere else. Other customers have complained about this, so I believe it’s best to speak with your local Supermarket Supercenter to get the full specifics of the guarantee.
Douglas Tires Review
Let’s start with the facts. Designed for convenience and all-weather performance, Douglas All-Season tires provide on both fronts. This isn’t the shoe for you if you prefer to drive quickly and violently.
When I had the opportunity to drive a well-used 2005 Honda Accord with Douglas all-season tires, I had a lot of conflicting feelings.
When traveling on flat terrain, the tires were very quiet and comfy. However, on poor roads, the tires made a loud pounding noise that echoed throughout the vehicle.
On dry roads, the traction was very outstanding. I didn’t have a chance to evaluate the tires’ wet-weather performance, but the Accord’s owner said they were OK as long as you followed the speed limits.
To increase traction and grip, the Douglas All-Season rubber is built with concentric grooves and blades and specifically designed center notches. It has a speed rating of H and a treadwear warranty of 45,000 miles. Due to its broad range of sizes, this tire is suitable for many vehicles, including sedans, sports coupes, crossovers, and compact crossovers.
Tire leaks significant sidewall damage were reported by other drivers, although most of these resulted from poor installation practices. Tire implosions, tread disintegration, and increased network noise are all common problems as tires become older. My recommendation would be to get the tires put by Walmart-certified staff to ensure the guarantee is valid to prevent similar issues.
However, here is where things become complicated. Whenever it comes to installing tires, the so-called “tire specialists” are everything but professionals. To prevent sidewall leaks, the rim must be carefully scraped, cleaned, and lubricated before use.
You should get the Douglas Tournament tires if you’ve had a tiny compact car and perform most of your traveling in town, as long providing you install them correctly.
Douglas Tires Performance
Douglas All-Season tires are at the bottom of the food chain, while Douglass Performance tires are at the top. Although the performance version costs a little extra, the difference isn’t significant.
The asymmetric tread pattern on this tire ensures exceptional grip in all conditions. The blades and grooves around the circumference help with traction while driving on wet roads… The broad and solid shoulders on this tire help with vehicle handling and steering responsiveness.
In 2002, I drove a 17-inch-wheeled Acura RSX with Douglas Performance tires. On dry roads, I noticed that the tires had a pleasant feel to them when driven strongly. Because my test vehicle had been properly cared for, I had a pleasant drive.
As providing as you don’t hit 80 mph or more, the tires are quiet and comfortable. The engine’s roar increased in intensity as the speed increased. Even though the Douglas Precision tires have a lateral acceleration of H, this is a typical issue with low-cost tires.
As a bonus, the treadwear guarantee on this tire extends to 45,000 miles, making it suitable for any small vehicle or sedan or sports coupe, or compact SUV.
It’s possible because after studying this Douglass tires review, you’ll have some misgivings about the company’s products. Douglas mattresses have been available for almost 25 years, so it’s puzzling why Walmart refuses to acknowledge who created them in the first place or why there are so many different reports about their performance and longevity.
A second look at Douglas tires can be worth your time if you spend a lot of time driving about town and only go small distances. However, if you’re planning on doing a lot of highway cruising or crossing international borders, I’d go for a vehicle with a better reputation.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Best Seller List of Tires:
- TWO PACK OF TIRES: 4.10/3.50-4" (10.2" diameter) with a 2.25" offset hub and 5/8" ball bearings. Sold as a 2-pack.
- VERSATILE: This tire and wheel assembly is commonly used on air compressors, hand trucks (dollies), generators, pressure washers and other utility equipment.
- SEAMLESS INSTALLATION: Comes pre-mounted on a solid steel, gray wheel for quick and easy installation.
- QUICK FIX: Tube type design makes fixing a flat as simple as installing and inflating a new inner tube, instead of replacing the whole assembly.
- DURABLE: Features a load capacity of 300 pounds and a sawtooth tread for the perfect balance of traction and maneuverability.
- Perfect for your stock or non-lifted golf cart. The18x8.50-8 turf golf cart tires with turf tread that is designed to maximize traction and stability. The rounded shoulder of the tire will protect the turf when turning. Durable commercial grade tires are constructed for extended service life.
- Your order will include: (4) New 18x8.50-8 Golf Cart Turf Tires (comes mounted on the wheels) (4) New 8x7" Black Steel Golf Cart Wheels Shipped together in a heavy weight corrugated box for added protection.
- Fits ALL Golf Carts: EZGO: Marathon / Medalist / TXT /ST / PDS / RXV / Workhorse Club Car: DS / CARRYALL / PRECEDENT Yamaha: All G MODELS / DRIVE(G29) Other golf carts: Any bolt pattern that is 4x4 **These assemblies fit any Golf Cart, Lawn Mower, UTV, ATV, or Trailer hub that is 4 bolt and measures 4x4" (4x101.6mm)**
- Includes: (4) White Steel OEM Golf Cart Wheels (centered offset) (4) 18x8.5-8 DOT Golf Cart Tires
- Fits EZGO, Club Car, and Yamaha Golf Carts and more without a lift kit!
- Tire is DOT approved & Turf Safe - great for turf and pavement!
- Tire comes mounted on the wheel and aired up
- Tire size:15x6.00-6 Ply: 4 Tubeless
- 6x4.5 Wheel with Precision bearings; Hub is 3" Long with .75 precision ball bearings. No grease required. Color: John Deere Yellow
- John Deere Part # GY20638; John Deere AM127303
- Fits on Models: John Deere Series 100 and 300 models; LT150; LT160: LT170; LT175; LT180; GT242; LX175; LX176; LX255; LX185: LX288 (WILL NOT FIT ON TRAILERS OR CARTS)
- Tire OD: 14.96; Tire SW: 6.3; PSI: 30; Max Load: 570 lbs.
- Mark Speck (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 320 Pages - 11/20/2018 (Publication Date) - Saint Johann Press (Publisher)
- English (Publication Language)
- Compatible with Jeep: 2007-2022 Wrangler JK JL, Gladiator JT, 2005-2021 Grand Cherokee WK WK2 (Aggressive Sizing), 2006-2010 Commander XK. NOTE: Wheels will extend past fenders.
- [SPECIFICATIONS] 5x5" (5x127) Bolt Pattern. 17x9 Wheel Size. +12 Offset (5.5" Backspacing). 71.5mm Centerbore. Even lower offset wheels for Jeep also available.
- Our wheels require cone seat (also known as acorn/taper/conical) lug nuts for proper installation. Compatible with cone seat OEM Jeep lug nuts and aftermarket cone seat lug nuts. See ASIN B01M1ZG721 for lug nuts compatible with Jeep Wrangler JK, Grand Cherokee WK, Commander XK. See ASIN B00OMMBGNW for lug nuts for Jeep Wrangler JL, Grand Cherokee WK2, Gladiator JT. Note that Jeeps have different threads.
- [NO SPACERS REQUIRED] These 17x9 rims provide aggressive wheel offset, giving up to 1 inch more inner clearance depending on what OEM Jeep Wheels you have. Conquer the rough terrain trails with a set of RockTrix Wheels designed, tested with an advanced process that ensures rigidity & long life.
- [ADD'L FEATURES] Fits 32-35 inch tires. Note: Fenders, leveling kit or lift kit may be required for the larger sizes. Features a Matte Black finish with a durable clear coat that can endure the toughest weather conditions. This is a bundle of 4 units, SKU V10117.
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Dahl, Michael (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 24 Pages - 01/01/2006 (Publication Date) - Picture Window Books (Publisher)
- (4) Brand New 215/35-12" Low Profile tires (DOT approved and Turf Rated), (4) 12x7" TEMPEST Machined/black Aluminum golf cart wheels, (4) SS Alloy Center caps (chrome), (4) Sets of lug nuts to fit your cart (chrome)
- Tire set comes professionally mounted for FREE (just unwrap the package and bolt onto your cart, no work involved!)
- Ships for FREE
- Wheel offset is 3+4
- Tire size:20x10.00-8 Ply: 2 Tubeless
- 8x7 Wheel Keyed Hub; Hub is 3.5" Long, 2.5" Long to backside; Keyway is .757" ID, Key Slot is .191" wide and .841" deep
- Fits John Deere Models: L118; 135 TRACTOR; LA120; LA135; LA145; LA155; D130; D140; D150; X145; D155; E130; E140; E150; E160
- John Deere Wheel Number: GY20637; John Deere Tire Number: GX10364
- Tire OD: 19.7; Tire SW: 10; PSI: 10; Load Rating at 10mph: 760 lbs.
Last update on 2022-01-09